Grants for Human Rights Defenders or Activists
Are you a human rights defender or activist looking for urgent protection or rapid response funding? Here are some grants you could apply for – all of them are rolling (no deadline):
- CIVICUS Crisis Response Fund welcomes applications from formal or informal civil society actors and consortia, including social movements. Grants must be for a 3-6 month period. Amount: US$10,000 – US$20,000 for Advocacy Grants or Resiliency Grants. https://lnkd.in/dxRPe2z5
- The Lifeline Embattled CSO Assistance Fund offers Emergency Assistance, Advocacy Grants and Resiliency Grants to CSOs under threat or who are responding to broader threats against civic space. Lifeline supports a variety of human rights CSOs, including human rights organizations, journalist associations, student groups, labor unions, think tanks, and others. https://lnkd.in/deDNR3DE
- Front Line Defenders offers Protection Grants to improve the security and protection of human rights defenders and their organisations including medical, legal, physical/digital security, and family assistance. Amount: Max. €7,500. https://lnkd.in/dNaqanBp
- The Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund provides rapid, flexible funding and direct logistical support to women human rights defenders from/working in crisis and conflict-affected areas, working at community, national, regional and/or international levels. No deadline (rolling). For individuals they have an Advocacy Support Stream and a Safety Net Stream. https://wphfund.org/whrds/
- ProtectDefenders.eu supports organisations, human rights groups, or communitues defending rights through small grants to develop innovative projects, strengthen your capacities, or to ensure your financial survival. Apply for grants for emergency support, temporary relocation, and human rights groups. https://lnkd.in/dspv2HDG
Please share with anyone who would find this useful.