Call for Proposals for Ubumbano Solidarity Action – connecting people and supporting action for change!
The Ubumbano Solidarity Action initiative is a platform to facilitate connection of people and organisations, and to provide some financial support (max. ZAR30.000) to enable those connections and actions to take place. Proposals are again invited from all our partners in the region. We are particularly interested in connecting with organisations and initiatives in Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi and Eswatini.
The proposals for support should not be longer than 2 pages, and can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should respond to the following questions:
- What are the challenges you are facing in your community or in your area of work?
- How does your proposed action respond to the challenge?
- How do you involve those who are most affected?
- Is the action something that you have done before? Was it effective?
- Is there anything new or innovative in how you plan to undertake the action?
- What support do you need to do the work? This could be practical skills such as media work, or support on how to organise a campaign, or partnership with another organisation.
- If you require funds, what will the money be used for? Provide a simple budget against which you will need to report on use of the funds.
- Do you plan to work with any other organisations, churches, or faith institutions?
The opportunity is open to any organisation or association that is part of the ACT Ubumbano network, or willing to work with ACT Ubumbano partner organisations in Eswatini, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Any funding support that may be provided in this initiative is intended to help with taking action for change or in solidarity with those who are under stress. It is not intended for general or core support for organisations, although some of the funds will need to be used for organisational costs.