Case Studies from Communities of Faith in the Region
Twelve organisations participated in a series of interfaith dialogues to identify opportunities for engaging more effectively within faith communities. As a result, twelve case studies and 3 interfaith briefs addressing issues of gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health and rights and teenage pregnancy were produced.
Themed, “We Can No Longer Be Silent as We Are Called to Uphold Human Dignity for All Creation,” the dialogues convened organisations of Bahai, Christian, Muslim and Traditionalist faiths from seven countries in southern Africa. These publications were supported through micro-grants and technical assistance from Faith to Action Network and ACT Ubumbano.
- #FAITHACTINGTOGETHER – Towards Improved Collaboration to end GBV in South Africa
- ACT Alliance – Joint Ecumenical Action Responding to Gender-Based Violence
- ACT Alliance Malawi Forum – Faith Based Approach to addressing Gender Based Violence
- ACT Alliance Zimbabwe – No longer silent, raising Faith- Gender Champions
- Anglican Diocese of Natal
- Blantyre Synod Health and Development Commission
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa
- Freedom from Fear – Methodists Against Gender Based Violence
- Inclusion, Dignity and Justice in Human Sexuality
- Mobilising the Prophets and Prophetesses in the Apostolic Community for Women and Girls’ Rights in Zimbabwe
- No longer a myth
- Voice for Youth – Promoting young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights