ACT Ubumbano is a network of Southern African and European organisations working for social justice. Among other strategies, we regularly convene platforms and spaces for conversations to explore new approaches to social justice work.
We are looking for the services of a Rapporteur to assist in capturing on record the discussions and decisions of our meetings. These meetings vary in size and form, from board-like discussions involving up to 15 people, to workshops and conferences with up to 60 people. The first of these takes place on 16-17 October 2019.
The following represent essential qualifications in a service provider:
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to accurately take minutes/capture verbal discussions in written form
- Familiarity with the language and concepts used in social justice and development discourse
- Discretion and integrity to keep confidentiality of sensitive discussions
- Experience in reporting or taking minutes
Given that most of the convenings take place in Gauteng, physical location in the province will be an advantage.
Interested individuals who fit the criteria above are invited to submit their bids by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 13h00 on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
Each bid should include a brief cover letter with the following:
- An explanation of your suitability for the position,
- An outline of how you manage the function of reporting,
- Your timelines for delivery of a report/minutes (for example, how long does it take you to type up a two-day meeting)
- Your fee structure.
Please include an extract or example of your previous work.
For more information on ACT Ubumbano, please visit our website at www.actubumbano.org