Call for Proposals for the Provision of Travel Management Services
Date Published: 17 January 2023
Deadline for Proposals: 10h00 on 15 February 2023
ACT Ubumbano invites Service Providers to provide Technical and Financial Proposals for the provision of Travel Management services to the organisation. The required services include, but are not limited to, the following:
Travel Management support to the staff with the following guidelines:
- Dedicated staff to handle ACT Ubumbano’s travel requests
- Reservation and Ticketing
- Provision of Airfares and Airline Routings/Itineraries
- Provision of Travel Information/Advisories
- Travel bookings for convenings (events can have up to 80 participants)
- Tickets Cancellation, Rebooking and Refunds
- Emergency Services 24h (including weekends and holidays)
- Relations with Airlines and other suppliers
- Services Quality Control and continuous improvements
- Providing an interface with major Airlines to get the best corporate deals
The Service Provider will be selected to enter into a service agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “contract”) for two years. An extension of the contract can be agreed upon with the expressed agreement of both parties at the end of the first 2-year cycle. Specific orders may be issued for additional specific assignments.
Service Providers are kindly requested to send proposals by e-mail to email@example.com by no later than 10h00 (10am) on 15 February 2023. No late proposal shall be accepted.
Requests for clarification can be submitted to the above e-mail addresses at least 7 calendar days before the set deadline. ACT Ubumbano reserves the right to annul the selection process and reject all proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers.
Instructions to Service Providers
- The proposal shall be the basis for contract negotiations and ultimately for a signed contract with the selected Service Provider.
- Service Providers should familiarize themselves with local/regional conditions and needs of the team, and take them into account in preparing the proposal. ACT Ubumbano currently works in Eswatini, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- The Service Providers’ costs of preparing the proposal and of negotiating the contract will not be reimbursed as a direct cost of the assignment.
- ACT Ubumbano shall provide, at no cost to the Service Provider the necessary inputs needed to carry out the services and make available relevant project data and reports.
It is desirable that the majority of the key professional staff proposed are permanent employees of the firm or have an extended and stable working relationship with it.
The Technical Proposal shall provide a brief description of the Service Provider’s organisation and an outline of recent experience on assignments of a similar nature. The description should explain how the Service Provider has the required capacity to deliver all services listed above, and how it approaches such assignments
Service Providers will provide a cost estimate based on the requirements and conditions outlined above. This financial proposal should include provision for VAT and shall be presented in South African Rands (ZAR).
The Financial Proposal shall be valid for 2 (two) months. ACT Ubumbano will make its best effort to complete negotiations and determine the award within the validity period. If ACT Ubumbano wishes to extend the validity period of the proposals, the Service Providers have the right not to extend the validity of the proposals.